19th Annual Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon, April 24-26
Full Marathon, Half Marathon & Relay, 5K, Health & Fitness Expo, Family Events & Kids Races
Race Director Update #8
3 weeks until Race Weekend
Thank you for registering for the 19th Annual Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon & Half Marathon weekend, which includes the 2015 RRCA New Jersey State Championship race in the marathon distance. In an effort to help make your participation more enjoyable throughout the entire race weekend, this is the eighth in a series of weekly messages containing important information. Copies of these messages will also be available on our Website and on our Blog. Links to them will be posted on both Facebook and Twitter.
New for 2015:
- The Full, Half and Relay races will all start at 7:30 am this year.
- There are NO Speed Restrictions for athletes in wheelchairs in the full marathon
- Special Race Day Buses from: NY Port Authority, Newark Penn Station, Rahway, Matawan, Middletown
- Important Security Information
We have posted important Security Information on our website, under the “Event Info” menu item. Please read the appropriate information carefully in order to keep extra stress out of race day.
Summary for Athletes: You will be allowed to carry one clear plastic “Race Day Gear Bag”, which we will issue you at race packet pick-up, in both the Start Area and Finish Area, AND only as long as you are wearing your bib and it is clearly visible (in order to identify you as a registered athlete).
Summary for Your Supporters: NO BAGS OF ANY KIND are allowed in both the Start Area and the Finish Area. In order for your supporters to fully enjoy the race day experience with you, please communicate the NO BAG Policy to each of them. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Bib and Corral Assignments
Everyone who has registered has now been assigned a bib number and a start corral. We will be providing a link shortly to look up your specific information. Please print out your information from the provided link and bring it with you to pick up your race packet (bib, timing strips, event tech-shirt, official race day gear bag, etc.)
If you forget the print out with your bib number, terminals will be available to look it up. It will slow down you process however, so we recommend you bring this printout with you.
- Important Medical Information
For your safety during your race, please take the time to fill out the medical and emergency contact information section on the back of your bib. While most of us feel that we’ll never need it, and we hope that you don’t, our medical staff has lost important time when treating athletes because they did not know about medical conditions and current medication(s). If that information is not needed it will never be seen by anyone, but that information could become very important should it be necessary. Please fill it out using an ink which will not run when wet.
- Rejuvenate After Your Race
After you’ve completed your race be sure to stop by our Rejuvenation/Recovery Tent in the Finish Line Festival area for a free massage (watch for signs). A short message on tired and sore muscles, by trained experts, can do wonders on race day and the following days. You’ve earned it. Enjoy!
- 2015 Health & Fitness Expo Presentation Series
Our 2015 Presentation line-up is bigger and better than ever before! These free presentations and demonstrations from experts in many fields will help you to excel, remain injury free, make the most of race day, recover better afterward and inspire you. Be sure to check the presentation schedule below while planning your time at the Expo and Packet Pick-up so that you can take advantage of this wealth of information. They are free and open to the general public.
New Jersey Marathon Health & Fitness Expo Presentation Line-up for 2015
|FRIDAY, April 24th|
|2:00 – 2:30||Claudine Nicolich – Life Time Fitness||Cardio Tabata Class|
|2:30 – 3:00||Claudine Nicolich – Life Time Fitness||Toning Tabata Class|
|3:00 – 3:30||Kerri Likakis, RD||Wellness Nutritionist and Fitness Specialist -Barnabas Health|
|3:30 – 4:00||Christina Scarano||Kinesio Taping: The Art and Science of Quicker Recovery|
|4:00 – 4:30||Christina Scarano||Kinesio Taping: The Art and Science of Quicker Recovery|
|4:30 – 5:00||Jim Thomas – Course manager||Course Overview|
|5:00 -5:30||Dr. Doug Mann||Running Anxiety, etc.|
|5:30 – 6:00||Dr. Doug Mann||Running Anxiety, etc.|
|6:00 – 6:30|
|SATURDAY, April 25th|
|10:00-10:30||Christina Scarano||Kinesio Taping: The Art and Science of Quicker Recovery|
|10:30-11:00||Christina Scarano||Kinesio Taping: The Art and Science of Quicker Recovery|
|11:30pm- 12:00pm||David Stretanski||ChiRunning|
|12:00pm-12:30pm||Dr. Doug Mann||Running Anxiety|
|12:30pm-1:00pm||Dr. Doug Mann||Running Anxiety|
|1:00pm-1:30pm||Otto Lam – Pace Team Director||Race Pacing Strategy|
|2:00pm-2:30pm||Stephen England||Novo Nordisk – Elite Runner|
|2:30pm-3:00pm||Stephen England||Novo Nordisk – Elite Runner|
|3:00pm-3:30pm||Jim Thomas – Course Manager||Course Overview|
|3:30pm-4:00pm||Wendy Cleary – Life Time Fitness||Core – LTF Style|
|4:00pm-4:30pm||Wendy Cleary – Life Time Fitness||Stretching|
- Let’s All Pitch in Together to Help Others
Move for Hunger will be conducting a food drive again this year during the Health & Fitness Expo. Please remember, it’s “cans in hands” when heading to the Expo. Please help us to end hunger here in New Jersey!! Together you have donated over 6,000 pounds of food since 2012. Thank you for your continued generosity!
We’re attempting to change the lives of families in African villages again by donating used athletic shoes to the MORE Foundation during the Expo. It takes the proceeds from 600 pairs of shoes to sustain a family for a year, and we’d like to adopt several families again this year! ! Together we have supported 8 families since 2012. That’s a lot of shoes! We thank you for giving us your old training and racing partners each year! We encourage you to continue the tradition this year.
Below is an important summary from Race Director Update #1:
- Pre-Race: Carpool and be in the parking lots about 75-120 minutes before the race start (7:30 am), or take the Special NJ Marathon Race Day Transportation. Click here to register.
- Pre-paid parking at Monmouth Park: We strongly suggest the pre-paid option ($5) for these lots. Paying as you leave will cost $10 and will likely slow down your departure. Click here to register.
- Pre-paid parking near the Finish Area: Guaranteed Parking for spectators at 7-President’s Park is SOLD OUT.
- Post-Race: Getting home: Take a regularly scheduled NJ Transit train, (Please note: these trains do NOT stop at Monmouth Park), walk to your vehicle in one of the parking lots near the Finish Area, or take one of our free shuttle buses back to your vehicle at Monmouth Park.
- Race Day Gear Check: Take advantage of this free service for dry, warm clothing after your race!
- Race Packet Pick-up: Free at the Expo, paid service on race day morning. Click here to register for Will Call Service.
- Race Day Security Information for: Athletes, Spectators, Sponsors, Press, Volunteers & Race Staff should be reviewed prior to Race Day,
I hope that the information above will help you to understand what to expect and help you to better plan your time with us at the Shore.
Best wishes during your training and on race day!
Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon and Half Marathon
Presented by: Life Time Fitness